What Do You Want?

April 10, 2007

If you have tried browsing around the site since the new update you would have noticed that there is a lot of "Coming Soon..." hanging around. I will be getting around to removing these and replacing them with some real content "soon". I have also taken note that I don't have a lot of content relevant to...well anything. I have been given ideas here and there but have not implemented anything past the new look thus far. The main idea behind me implementing a commenting system was to get feedback and start discussions, so let this be the first topic for a discussion.

What do you want? I have been given a few ideas and have some ideas of my own but I would like to know what I can use my site for that could be actually useful for something. Here is a couple of ideas I have floating around in the air right now:

These are just a few of the ideas I have thought about implementing on more than one occasion. If you have any other ideas that you would like to see then add it to the discussion. I will make a decision on what to add to the site next based on the feedback I get.

Jason Smith

Reader Comments

1. Terrill says:
    April 10, 2007 11:05 pm

A section for courses you've taken, and assignments you've completed. Then those of us who take thing after you will have something to look at.

As I think of more I will post em...

2. Jason says:
    April 10, 2007 11:11 pm

I was thinking of adding the courses I've taken in my "About" page. Adding the assignments would be an extra step but I will think about it.

3. Vasant says:
    April 11, 2007 9:58 pm

The links to the latest software might become a little annoying to keep up to date constantly, but a list of cool small apps and toolkits you like to use that aren't as mainstream would be pretty cool. Something you might use for coding or something. I've seen some websites with a facebook style "wall", where people can just post random tidbits of discussion and hold a conversation. That's kind of cool too (similar a little mini comment section inside a scrollable div on your right bar). Just some ideas. =)

4. Andy G says:
    April 12, 2007 6:26 pm

The HTML course you had posted before :D

5. Craig says:
    April 13, 2007 8:49 am

Are pictures of hot Waterloo girls out of the question?

How about a better links section with tons of links to pages that you deem "useful", personally I never leave a blog without checking the links to find something new and cool.

6. Jason says:
    April 17, 2007 5:34 pm

@Andy G:
    For now you can view the old site by going to:

Cheers!

7. Terrill says:
    April 30, 2007 6:40 pm

This is a test. Trying to track down that bug that wont let me post a comment.

8. Jason says:
    May 8, 2007 12:15 am

@ Andy G:
    I've now updated my projects page which includes my HTML and CSS notes.

Enjoy!

9. Vasant says:
    May 14, 2007 11:04 am

YOU NEED AN UPDATE.

But at least your search works better than digg's.

Comment On This Article

All HTML tags will be removed, but URLs will be automatically linked. Quality over quantity – comments will be deleted if they do not add to the discussion in a substantial manner.